Police Officer I and II
Incumbent patrols district property to protect all AISD students, personnel, and visitors from physical harm and to prevent property loss to the District property due to theft or vandalism.
DUTY DAYS: 260 DAYS
SALARY: CT9/10: $21.00-27.57/hr
- Patrol district property for suspicious activity, unauthorized persons on campus, or unauthorized entry after hours; provide "Close Patrols" for AISD locations, as requested.
- Respond to calls on crimes against person or property in progress, reports of crimes that have already occurred, and intrusion/fire alarms; perform preliminary investigation at the scene (e.g. gather and preserve evidence, take statements.)
- Arrest adults/juveniles and book persons into jail or juvenile detention centers for law violations as necessary.
- Interview suspects, witnesses, and victims on school campuses.
- Review offense reports before closing out or referring to Court.
- Complete paperwork associated with duties as necessary (e.g. affidavits for arrest, incident reports, and activity reports.)
- Provide executive protection; provide transportation to and from pre-designated places for Board Members and District Administrators.
- Perform duties of Police Dispatcher as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D, and graduation from a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education Approved Academy. Incumbent must posses a license as a peace officer from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcements Standards and Education Agency.
- Police Officer II must have at least two (2) years of full time law enforcement experience.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Incumbent may spend extended periods of time patrolling and investigating crimes on District property, both in automobiles and on foot.
- Incumbent may be required to physically restrain parties involved in a conflict. In extreme cases, incumbent may be exposed to violent and/or armed confrontations.
- Physical fitness tests are required quarterly.
- This position may involve routine exposure to blood or body fluids.
- Regular attendance is required for this position.