Police Officer I
Entry-level sworn position responsible for enforcing State and Federal laws and City Ordinances. This position requires both reactive and proactive application of law enforcement authority to protect the health, safety and welfare of the citizens and visitors to the City. Supervision will be through department supervisory personnel through the chain of command, generally through Patrol Sergeant or other personnel responsible for a patrol shift.
- Patrol the City enforcing laws and ordinances related to traffic, criminal and civil violations as authorized by State Statutes governing the powers of sworn officers.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of reports of their actions as required by the department.
- Investigate crimes and complaints with a fair and impartial mind set, seek the truth in all matters and report that finding.
- Treat all persons they contact with the utmost courtesy, professionalism and compassion, to the highest degree possible in the situation.
- Be prepared to support actions in a Court of Law through presentation of evidence and testimony.
- Versed in the process of evidence collection, preservation and presentation.
- Working in adverse weather conditions.