Police Officer (Full Time)
Open until filled
The Police Position is a Sworn Position that requires a Maryland Police & Corrections Training Commission certification. This full-time position works up to 37.5 hours. The Police Officer is responsible for enforcing college policies, procedures, and directives related to campus security, safety, and traffic control, in compliance with the HCC Police Policies and Procedure Manual. Officers will enforce all State and Local Laws in compliance with departmental policies and procedures. Additionally, the Police Officer assists with fire prevention and compliance with safety codes and regulations on the College Campus.
- Patrols the campus by vehicle and on foot, insuring a safe and secure environment.
- Performs security checks on all campus buildings.
- Coordinates and provides for the delivery of emergency services to campus.
- Maintains effective traffic control as required and enforces parking regulations.
- Receives, investigates and completes reported complaints from the campus community.
- Assists in the coordination and patrol of special and sporting events as required.
- Prepare written incident reports, routine security related reports and other documentation as required.
- Render prompt assistance in all cases of accident or illness requiring police attention and take such actions as may be necessary.
- Know and adhere to HCC Campus Police Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Adhere to requirements set forth in Clery Act regarding campus security reporting and regulations.
- Successful completion of a certified entry level police academy and the ability to be certified by the Maryland Police Training Commission as a Police Officer. A minimum of 3 years experience in law enforcement; an AA Degree or higher is desired but not required.
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license; reliably report for duty assignments on time; compliance to the Police Officer’s Policies and Procedures manual and the ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be certified by the Maryland Police and Corrections Training Commission, or subject to certification by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission based on Entry Level Police Training received outside the state of Maryland, and maintain all required police certifications set forth by the state. Police Officers will wear the uniform of the day as directed by the Chief of Police And will maintain his/her uniform so that a clean, neat, fit for duty appearance is maintained.