Police Officer Experienced
12/31/2023 at 5:00 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada);
PLUS BENEFITS INCLUDING EDUCATION INCENTIVE PAY ON TOP OF BASE SALARY
The Everett Police Department is continuously looking for qualified experienced officers with competitive wages and benefits.
- In-state laterals qualify for a $25,000 incentive
- Out-of-state laterals qualify for a $20,000 incentive
- Laterals with 5 or more years of law enforcement experience eligible for an additional $5,000 incentive, in addition to those listed above
- BLEA certified officers ( less than 2 years law enforcement experience) qualify for $15,000 incentive
(1) A minimum of twenty-four (24) months of full-time paid service as a sworn police officer in a civilian governmental jurisdiction with extensive patrol experience, without a break in service of more than thirty-six (36) months by the application date AND either the successful completion of the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission Basic Law Enforcement Academy (BLEA) prior to application date, or the ability to successfully complete the Washington State Justice Training Commission Equivalency Examination within one (1) year after employment. Out-of-state applicants must possess the necessary training and experience to become certified in accordance with Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission standards.
(2) Possession of, or ability to obtain prior to employment, a valid Washington State Driver License and the ability to maintain it for the duration of employment.
(3) Attainment of the age of 21 years by the application date.
(4) Excellent physical condition.
(5) Not on the current eligible register for Experienced Police Officer, per Everett’s Civil Service Rule 2.12.