Police Officer (Entry Level)
The Richland Police Department will be reviewing applications and conducting an oral board process in an effort to update our current certification list. Located in the heart of Washington Wine Country, Richland is a safe, high-quality city with educated and engaged residents. In addition, the City has great schools, abundant sunshine, and incredible recreational opportunities.
Salary: $37.35 – $42.35 Hourly
$6,474.00 – $7,340.67 Monthly
Under the direction of a Police Sergeant or designee, performs police protection and other services to safeguard the lives, property and constitutional rights of the citizens of Richland; responds to crime and accident scenes, emergency situations and other requests for assistance; detects, apprehends and arrest criminals; enforces the laws and ordinances of the City and performs a variety of specialized duties as assigned. Subject to 12 hour shifts, callback, standby and overtime as required.
• Completion of initial written and physical agility exams as outlined by the City of Richland's protocols (currently Public Safety Testing).
• Submit an online application, and attach a current resume and updated PHS in PDF format.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid Washington State driver's license upon hire date.
• Twenty-one (21) years of age at time of application.
• U.S. citizen.
• Obtain a Basic Law Enforcement School Certificate issued by the State of Washington Criminal Justice Training Commission (Out of state candidates, who have previously certified in another state, must pass the CJTC equivalency examination) within six (6) months of hire date.
• Satisfactorily complete field training provided by the Richland Police Department, in which methods, procedures and techniques of law enforcement work are presented by field training officers, before completion of probationary period.
• Two (2) years of college-level course work in police science, law, criminal justice or closely related field.
• Prior military police, correctional officer, reserve and/or like training and experience.