Police Officer (Entry Level)
Salary: $7,842.00 – $10,278.00 Monthly.
This is a Civil Service class involving general police activities associated with the protection of life and property by enforcement of state and municipal codes, regulations and ordinances. The Civil Service eligibility register for this position is subject to continuous modification as a result of the open/continuous nature of the process. Highest grades earned within the past year as a result of this screening process are valid for twelve (12) months after certification by the Civil Service Commission. This job classification is represented by Everett Police Officers Association. Hiring offers are contingent upon successful completion of a City-paid LEOFF medical evaluation and medical history review that may include back x-rays and will include drug screening.
- Excellent physical condition.
- U.S. Citizenship or a lawful permanent resident.
- Must be 20.5 years of age by eligible register certification date; and 21 years of age by date of commission.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain a valid Washington State Driver license within 30 days of hire and the ability to maintain it for the duration of employment.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.