Police Officer – Entry Level
$85,272.00 – $98,760.00 Annually
12/31/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are some of the position responsibilities. Please view the complete Police Officer classification description for more information about the knowledge, skills, abilities, working conditions, physical requirements, automatic and discretionary disqualifiers.
- Provide quality customer service to the community and internal department members as well as provides emergency aid, security and protection to the citizens of Redmond
- Patrol business and residential areas
- Respond to requests for information and assistance
- Investigate criminal activity
- Engage in long-term solution-oriented activities which enhance the safety and wellbeing of residents
- Ensure the proper enforcement of laws and regulations.
- Provides formal and informal leadership on a daily basis and creates a positive work environment for organizational members.
Entry-level Police Officer Requirements:
- Pass the written exam and physical ability test administered by Public Safety Testing (PST).
- Initial screening based on PST test results and Physical History Statement (PHS).
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be furnished upon job offer, absent an approved accommodation.
Education and Experience:
Must have high school diploma or GED certificate and one of the following:
- Associate of Arts degree in law enforcement, criminal justice, or a related field from an accredited college; or
- Completion of 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours from an accredited college or university; or
- Two (2) years of military experience
Licenses and Other Requirements:
- Ability to obtain state certification from the Washington State Law Enforcement Training Commission or other accredited certifying agency within fifteen (15) months of appointment.
- Must meet required physical and medical standards and all civil service requirements.
- Possess a valid Washington State driver’s license upon hire; out-of-state hires must have a valid driver’s license and obtain a valid Washington State driver’s license within Washington’s required timelines.
- Be at least 21 years of age when the eligibility list is certified.
- United States citizenship or be a lawful permanent resident.
- Successfully pass Redmond Police Department background investigation.