Police Officer-Entry Level
Do you have a desire to impact, inspire, and influence those you encounter each day? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced environment, where you are supported by the community and those you work and train with every day?
The City of Gresham Police Department is accepting applications for individuals wanting to be a Police Officer. We are proud to offer our Police officers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit and retirement package, and extensive, ongoing training opportunities to provide an established department for the future.
$64,344.00 – $82,164.00 Annually
12/31/2019 4:00 PM Pacific
Gresham Police Officers are responsible for the protection of life and property to residents and visitors within the City of Gresham. Officers provide emergency aid, security, education and enforcement of State Law and City Ordinances. We respond to requests for information and assistance, investigate criminal activity, encourage community engagement, make arrests, work with people to solve problems associated with crime and neighborhood problems, and ensure proper enforcement of laws and regulations.
We are a full-service police department with a variety of opportunities for an individual to build an extensive skill set and a fulfilling career in law enforcement. In as little as three years, an Entry Level Police office may be eligible for specialty assignments. The Gresham Police Department specialty assignments include:
• Crisis Negotiators
• Traffic Officers
• Motor Officers
• School Resource Officers
• Gang Enforcement Officers
• Field Training Officers
• Training Instructors
• Neighborhood Enforcement Team Officers
The Gresham Police Department consists of 130 sworn positions. All employees are expected to provide services to customers within a "polite and professional" standard while demonstrating a creative thought process, being a visionary who identifies problem-solving solutions and strives for excellence.
1) You must meet all the following State Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) requirements:
• Be a United States Citizen within 18 months of employment.
• Be at least 21 years of age at the date of hire.
• Possess, at a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Declared by a physician as able to perform the physical duties as required by the occupation. (Following a job offer Gresham PD will send candidates for a department paid Medical/Physical exam.)
• Of good moral fitness, without legal conduct involving moral turpitude, dishonesty, fraud, deceit, misrepresentation, and a conviction for sex crime, domestic violence and/ or for any felony crime.
• Information regarding the minimum qualifications for Oregon law enforcement officers is available in section 259-008-0010 of the Oregon Administrative Rules.
2) You must meet the following City of Gresham Police Department standards:
• Must possess a current driver's license in the applicant's state of residence and an acceptable driving history.
• Possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Display the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and citizens from a variety of racial, ethnic, and economic backgrounds.