Police Officer Entry Level
Applications closing on June 30, 2023, 04:30 PM
Starting salary $65,329.54
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responds to calls.
- Perform searches of persons, vehicles, and various types of premises.
- Drive motor vehicles under emergency and non-emergency circumstances.
- May administer first aid, patrol assigned area.
- Identify, warn, arrest or cite offenders for traffic, non-traffic, and parking offenses.
- Transport prisoners.
- Assist elderly, disabled, or stranded motorists.
- Check condition/status of assigned patrol equipment. Investigate traffic accidents and aid the injured.
- Collect physical evidence from accident scenes.
- Enforce traffic and parking laws and ordinances.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE Must possess an Associate’s Degree, 60 college credits or two years of full-time active military service with an honorable discharge or continued service in the reserve force. Must possess a valid Connecticut motor vehicle operator’s license. Must meet the eligibility requirements of the Municipal Police Training Council.