Police Officer – Certified
Performs general police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- United States Citizen.
- Minimum 19 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent with completion of 54 college credits from an accredited university or college recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. [A.A./B.A. In Criminal Justice or related field; Advanced Degree Preferred.]
- Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) or Florida Basic Abilities Test (FBAT) with a minimum score of 80%.
- Physical Agility Test (PAT).
- Polygraph examination.
- Psychological screening.
- Extensive medical evaluation and drug screening.
- Extensive background investigation.
- Be of good moral character.
- Military discharge must be honorable.
- Valid Florida Driver's License.