Police Officer (Certified)
$67,246.40 – $85,529.60 Annually
Officers that possess current TCOLE certification maybe eligible for lateral entry.
To be considered for entry at a step greater than step 1, additional criteria above the minimum qualifications for the position must be met.
Qualifying candidates will be eligible for a
starting salary between $67,246.40 and $77,147.20 per year.
$3,000 Sign-on Bonus for TCOLE Certified Officers
Under general supervision, protects life and property through crime prevention and the enforcement of City, State and Federal laws and ordinances. Conducts criminal investigations and performs other specialized duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Patrols assigned areas to deter crime and enforce applicable laws and City ordinances.
- Responds to calls for service involving crimes and other related citizen concerns.
- Safely, and within department policy and applicable law, operates police emergency response vehicle during routine and emergency situations.
- Responds to traffic accidents and controls traffic flow at accident scenes.
- Monitors traffic and issues citations and warnings for traffic violations.
- Arrests suspects in compliance with applicable law and departmental policy.
- Accurately and thoroughly prepares reports and other documentation related to criminal activity, traffic accidents and other incidents.
- Interviews victims, witnesses and suspects.
- Investigates crimes against persons and property.
- Gathers evidence, preserves crime scenes and prepares cases for prosecution.
- Processes prisoners and secures prisoner property as required.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent and Peace Officer License from the State of Texas (TCOLE).
- Must pass a post-offer pre-employment drug screening and/or physical exam.
- Must pass post-offer pre-employment polygraph and psychological examination.
- Must possess State of Texas Drivers License by date of employment.
- May be required to acquire additional certifications.