Police Officer (Certified)
This is the full journey level class within the Police Officer series. Employees within this class are distinguished from the supervisor positions by the performance of the full range of duties assigned under general supervision with no additional supervisory responsibilities. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and they are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies within the work unit.
$51,613.92 – $114,023.09
Open Until Filled
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be TCOLE certified or in the process of obtaining the certification.
- Education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized training in police science, criminal justice administration or a related field.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and proof of liability insurance.
- Driving record should reflect prudence and maturity.
- Must never have been convicted of or received community supervision for a Class A Misdemeanor or Felony.
- Must not have been convicted of or received community supervision for a Class B Misdemeanor within the past 10 years.
- Former military personnel must not have received a dishonorable or other discharge based on misconduct which bars future military service.
- Must have a stable credit history, family background and employment background.
- Must reside within one (1) hour drive time of the department to meet department response time requirement.