Police Officer (Certified)
In Avondale Estates, the police department focuses on building leaders, connecting with the community and using cutting-edge technology for forward-thinking policing.
We provide officers the space to focus on their career interest while providing a great quality of life while on duty.
We serve a supportive, tight-knit community with a small-town neighborly feel with all the benefits of being within the metro Atlanta region.
If you’re a top-notch professional who is community-focused and looking for the space to focus on your career interests, Avondale Estates provides the place to thrive.
The minimum qualifications for an individual to be considered for employment as a Police Officer with the Department include:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony crime.
- Possession of a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
- Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified as a Peace Officer
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License and good driving record.
- U.S. Citizen who is physically and mentally able to perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Pass a detailed background investigation.