Police Officer (Certified)
The Prince George County Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Certified Police Officer. The Department is seeking VIRGINIA CERTIFIED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS ONLY to fill the position. Individuals employed as Police Officers will perform a wide range of law enforcement activities upon successful completion of a rigorous Field-Training Program.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D.
- Be in good physical condition.
- Have a favorable credit record.
- Have no convictions of felonies or serious misdemeanors.
- Be able to hear, analyze and react swiftly to high stress situations.
- Be able to successfully complete several stages of job related testing.
- Be able to pass a thorough background investigation.
- Qualify to possess a Virginia Operator’s License.
- VIRGINIA LAW ENFORCEMENT CERTIFICATION.
- College education preferred.
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office is strongly preferred.