Police Officer (Certified)
5/31/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
The City of Boynton Beach’s Police Officers are responsible for maintaining peace and safety, protecting life and property, and promoting community engagement and trust for the third largest municipality in Palm Beach County with an estimated population of approximately 75,000 residents. Boynton Beach Police Officers serve a highly diverse and multicultural community, which includes African Americans, Hispanics, French Creoles, Indigenous Americans, and Asians among its more than 75,000 residents.
Police Officer (Certified)
- Be a United States citizen (U.S. born or naturalized).
- Have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) equivalent, which includes United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI) tests. Equivalence of non-U.S. education must be approved by the State of Florida’s Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission.
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement Certification (Out-of-State Police Officer Certification will be considered with supporting training curriculum attached to this application).
- Be at least 21 years of age at time of hire and at least 19 years of age at time of application.
- Possess, or be eligible to obtain within seven (7) calendar days of hire, a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Successfully complete any hiring process assessments.
- Additional training and/or certification(s) may be required as appropriate to assignment.
Additional Minimum Requirements for Out-of-State or Federally Certified Candidates:
Out-of-state or federally certified applicants also must provide verifiable proof of at least one (1) year of full-time, independent law enforcement experience within the past eight (8) years (excluding any academy training hours). This information must be included in the Work Experience section of this application.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed at least sixty (60) college credit hours toward a two (2) year degree or higher from an accredited private or public institution with at least a documented GPA of 2.0.
- Have at least one year of experience during which you had to establish and maintain a positive and effective relationship with others, i.e. working together as part of a team. Additional information about your experience must be documented in the appropriate field in the Supplemental Questions in this application.
- Have fluency in a language other than English, especially languages frequently used by Boynton Beach residents and visitors which include: Spanish, French Creole, Portuguese, Asian/Indo-European languages, and/or American Sign Language. The City reserves the right to verify fluency.