Police Officer Certified
Salary: $62,822.40 Annually.
This is general police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Police Officers perform work in accordance with the departmental rules and regulations and receive assignments and instructions from police personnel of higher rank.
- Must be a U.S. citizen past the 21st birth date as of the date of application.
- Currently possess, or be eligible to obtain, a Florida driver’s license with an overall good driving record. No single suspension of driver’s license within the past two (2) years and more than two (2) suspensions within the past five (5) year history (except if suspension was due to insurance error or clerk of court error).
- Associates Degree, or 60 semester hours (with minimum 2.0 GPA) or 90 quarter hours (with minimum 2.0 GPA) of college course work and/or an honorable discharge from service in the U.S. Armed Forces and/orrelated law enforcement work experience.
- NEVER have been convicted of a felony or other crime, which would indicate a lack of good moral character.
- If NOT Certified as a Police Officer with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement must possess a certification from another Federal or State Law Enforcement Agency.
- Candidates must provide state certification and academy curriculum.
- If Certified as a Police Officer by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Candidates must provide a copy of their FDLE certification.