Police Officer – Certified
Salary: $59,996.97 Annually.
Closing Date: 12/31/2023
The Coral Gables Police Department is a CALEA accredited agency with the mission of providing police services with a pledge of honor and excellence and in partnership with the people we serve. The Police Department has been recognized as a model of excellence in the delivery of local law enforcement services. The Department is responsible for the protections of life and property, providing a comprehensive range of law enforcement services and crime prevention programs. The Coral Gables Police Department is comprised of 191 sworn police officer who serve within the Office of the Chief of Police, three operational divisions and two support services divisions.
- Enforces laws and ordinances of the City, County and State. Makes arrests and bookings.
- Gives depositions and court testimonies.
- Patrols an assigned area on foot or by vehicle. Performs patrol activities, to include pursuing and apprehending subjects, conducting felony stops, conducting teletype checks, controlling disorderly persons, transporting subjects and prisoners, searching for wanted persons, conducting dwelling and ground checks.
- Conducts investigations, to include crime scenes, deaths, abuse cases, domestic violence, traffic accidents, animal calls and non police action calls. Collects disposes and secures evidence. Writes reports and processes paperwork.
- Performs traffic activities, to include issuing citations, directing traffic, investigating driving under the influence incidents and arranging for the removal of vehicles.
- Responds to rescue calls. Responds to emergency situations, to include controlling riots and directing evacuations. Performs first aid duties.
- Operates and maintains police vehicles and equipment as required, to include motorized vehicles, bicycles, firearms, radio transmitters, fire extinguisher, protective equipment, intoxilyzer instruments, camera, fingerprint equipment and computers.
- Performs special assignments as directed, to include assignments in Marine Patrol Field Training, K-9, Motorcycle, Traffic Homicide, SWAT and Bike Patrol. Performs other related tasks as required.