Police Officer-Campus Police
Minimum Salary $40,928.37 ($19.68/hour)
The Police Officer will perform all duties required for all police officers of any other jurisdiction, including enforcing all state and federal laws, as well as Alvin Community College (ACC/College) rules and regulations. Incumbent is responsible for community policing, patrol, law enforcement, investigations, parking enforcement, building security, motorist assistance, special events coverage, and communications. Maintains an active patrol presence on ACC’s campus and maintain a safe environment for the faculty, staff, students, and community members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Enforcing all State and Federal laws, including College rules and regulations.
- Responsible for an active patrol presence on the College campus to maintain a safe environment for the faculty, staff, students, and community members.
- Conduct criminal investigations, motor assists, key assists, building checks and other duties as assigned.
- All other related duties as assigned by the Chief of Police
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age 21
- Must possess a Texas Commission of Law Enforcement Peace Officer license and be current with Texas Commission on Law Enforcement mandated training/hours.
- Honorable discharge from the Military (If applicable).
- Honorable discharge from last Law Enforcement Agency of employment (If applicable).
- No disciplinary Action resulting in suspension within the past 24 months.
- No disciplinary action resulting in written reprimand within the past 12 months.
- Applicants who pass the above listed requirements will be contacted by the Alvin Community College Police Department regarding the physical agility test. Those applicants will be required to pass the physical agility test as a requirement to move forward in the hiring process. The physicality agility test is described as follows: