Police Officer Cadet
Salary: $20.23 per hour.
Must be enrolled in the Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) program as governed through the NC Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission. This course of instruction is typically taught through the NC Community College system.
- May be assigned administrative duties in a non-sworn role in conjunction with attendance in BLET.
- Attend and actively participate in formal and comprehensive BLET program.
- Assist with administrative-related duties at the police department.
- May be assigned to assist with public events, special presentations, or community projects.
- Assists in the preparation of periodic and special reports.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must successfully complete currently assigned BLET program at time of expected graduation.
- Must meet and maintain all department, State, and Federal training and education requirements for position.
- Valid NC driver’s license.
- Age 20 with no felony or recent class “B” misdemeanor.
- General knowledge of police methods, practices, and procedures; skilled in the use of firearms; personal computers; ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions; prepare clear and comprehensive reports; ability to deal courteously, but firmly with the public; analyze situations and adopt quick, effective, and reasonable courses of action; and demonstrated effective communication skills.
- May require possession of, or ability to obtain, specific licenses and/or certifications depending on departmental assignment.