Police Officer Cadet
Join our team! The Flower Mound Police Department is accepting applications for Police Officer Cadets. Must love making a difference in people’s lives, serving the community, and working with a great team.
The Cadet is a non-sworn Police Department employee in a trainee capacity. Incumbents are required to attend a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) certified academy to develop the minimum qualifications necessary to assume a position as a sworn police officer.
- Attends and successfully completes all required phases of basic training through a certified Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) academy.
- Upon successful completion of the required TCOLE training, the Police Officer Cadet will be reclassified to the classification of Police Officer Recruit.
- Operates and maintains vehicle and personal equipment.
- Attends training activities and receives classroom and field instruction in job related subjects.
- Maintains a positive friendly and effective working relationship with the general public and co-workers.
- Reports any unsafe, hazardous, or perilous conditions to proper authority.
- Adheres to the personnel, safety, and departmental policies, procedures, and Administrative Orders.
- Informs supervisor of all work activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Must meet all other TCOLE minimum requirements.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
- Must successfully complete police academy training as mandated by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement in exchange for employment with the Town; must reimburse the Town the full cost of such training and any required inoculations if employee separates from the Town before the third anniversary of hire date.
- Must have a minimum of thirty (30) college credit hours with a GPA of 2.0 or higher from an accredited institution of higher education as defined by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Rule 211.1(a)(3) or must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the United States Armed Forces with either an Honorable Discharge or be an active member of the United States Military Reserve.