Police Officer Cadet
Under close supervision, attends Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Board basic training academy to obtain Arizona Peace Officer Certification.
$40,686.46 – $56,961.22 Annually
6/30/2021 11:59 PM Arizona
- Attends classroom training sessions and takes notes required to obtain State Peace Officer Certification.
- Completes written, oral and skills proficiency examinations for a wide variety of required Peace Officer skills and knowledge, and maintains required levels of proficiency.
- Participates in physical conditioning training and testing, and maintains required levels of physical fitness.
- Adheres to AZ POST academy rules and regulations.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Must be at least 21 years of age* upon graduation from the academy, and be a U.S. citizen. Must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation including a polygraph, and meet the minimum POST standards for medical examinations and physical ability. *Candidates 20 years old by April 6, 2021 can qualify to participate in the hiring process*
• City policies and procedures.
• Safe work practices, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
• Maintaining academic and professional standards in accordance with YPD policies.
• Following verbal and written instruction.
• Reading and understanding training materials and completing written, physical, and skills testing.
• Learning and applying training materials and training instructions.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Arizona State Driver's License is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a classroom environment, and in the field for training exercises; requires strenuous physical efforts and ability to meet physical standards of the AZ POST Academy.