Police Officer Cadet
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $17.72 – $24.81 Hourly
$3,071.59 – $4,300.23 Monthly
$36,859.06 – $51,602.72 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Location: City of Yuma, Arizona
FLSA: Non-exempt position, eligible for overtime compensation.
All applications who meet the minimum qualifications and submit an application by May 7th, 2017, will be invited to participate in the written exam and physical agility test as follows:
Written Exam: Monday, May 22, 2017 at 8:00 a.m.
Physical Agility Test: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 – Upon passing the written exam
Interviews: To be scheduled upon passing the physical agility test
Candidates may order a study guide for the written exam by clicking the following link
Under close supervision, attends Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Board basic training academy to obtain Arizona Peace Officer Certification.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attends classroom training sessions and takes notes required to obtain State Peace Officer Certification.
- Completes written, oral and skills proficiency examinations for a wide variety of required Peace Officer skills and knowledge, and maintains required levels of proficiency.
- Participates in physical conditioning training and testing, and maintains required levels of physical fitness.
- Adheres to AZ POST academy rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- City policies and procedures.
- Safe work practices, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Maintaining academic and professional standards in accordance with YPD policies.
- Following verbal and written instruction.
- Reading and understanding training materials and completing written, physical, and skills testing.
- Learning and applying training materials and training instructions.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age upon graduation from the academy, and be a U.S. citizen.
- Must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation including a polygraph, and meet the minimum POST standards for medical examinations and physical ability.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A valid Arizona State Driver's License is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Work is performed in a classroom environment, and in the field for training exercises; requires strenuous physical efforts and ability to meet physical standards of the AZ POST Academy.