Police Officer – Academy Graduate (Hiring Incentive)
$110,344.00 – $134,160.00 Annually
The City of Alameda is offering a $75,000 HIRING INCENTIVE to successful candidates while funds are available.
NATURE OF POSITION
A Police Officer performs a variety of law enforcement activities during an assigned shift. Major duties may include crime response, patrol, investigation, traffic enforcement, crime prevention and public safety, case presentation and testimony in court. Officers may work weekends, overtime, holidays, and variable shifts. All officers are afforded excellent training and career development opportunities.
Qualifications to Apply for Police Officer – Academy Graduate:
- Possess a valid graduation certificate from a California POST accredited Police Academy issued within three (3) years prior to appointment.
- Be 21 years old by date of appointment as a Police Officer.
- Possess a high school diploma or a G.E.D.
- Be in excellent physical condition and demonstrate a state of physical and mental health consistent with the ability to perform assigned duties and the requirements of California Peace Officer Standards and Training. A WSTB (physical agility exam) score dated within one (1) year of application will be accepted or applicants will be required to obtain a passing WSTB score prior to appointment. Applicants will also be required to complete a 50 yard swim test prior to appointment.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record (need CA driver’s license prior to appointment).
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States under federal law.