Salary range: $52,000.00 Annually.
Engage in law enforcement patrol functions by foot, bike or vehicle including rotating shifts and physically checking doors and windows of buildings to ensure they are secure. Conduct visual and audio surveillance.
Effect an arrest, forcibly if necessary, using handcuffs and other restraints; subdue resisting suspects using maneuvers and weapons and resort to the use of hands and feet and other approved weapons in self-defense.
Exercise independent judgment in determining when there is reasonable suspicion to detain, when probable cause exists to search and arrest and when force may be used and to what degree.
This individual will provide safety and security for students, staff, and faculty, as well as security for all Livingstone College properties. Will be responsible for: enforcement of college rules and regulations as well as Federal/state laws and city ordinances, etc.; vehicle and foot patrol of Livingstone College properties and buildings; good communication skills in dealing with students, faculty, staff and the public; investigating crimes on the campus, testifying in court; and attending training, etc. Work special events as needed such as but not limited to: sporting events, commencement, etc.
1. High School diploma or GED certificate.
2. Valid North Carolina driver’s license.
3. Law enforcement experience, preferred.
4. Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) certification and ability to be sworn by the NC Criminal Justice Training & Standards Division.
5. Ability to write reports and complete investigations.
6. Certification in CPR and First Aid or ability to obtain.
7. Knowledge of North Carolina general statutes and city ordinances.