Salary: $27.29 – $27.29.
Work in this position consists of the enforcement of City, County and State laws and ordinances, routine patrol assignments in a designated area, traffic control and preliminary investigation of complaints and accidents. The employee in this position must display maturity and discipline in handling emergency and crisis situations. The employee must be able to exercise good judgment and tact in dealing with the public. Work in this position involves an element of danger requiring the employee to be constantly aware of changing situations and to be adaptable to these changes. Work is performed on a rotating shift schedule under the direct supervision of a Police Sergeant.
- Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions, adapt to changing situations, work under pressure and perform duties of the position under varying weather conditions including long hours without relief under emergency situations.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- No record of a felony conviction and vision correctable to 20/20.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- Must have a valid Maryland Class C driver’s license and a proven safe driving record.
- Must be able to attain the following certifications in the Incident Command System (ICS) within 6 months of employment: ICS-100, and ICS-700.