Posting Number C959P
Position Number 13736
About the University Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country’s finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation’s best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page http://uapd.uark.edu/
Job Type Staff
Work Schedule 40 hours per week (days and hours may vary based on need)
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. Yes
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus – Administrative Services Building
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Salary $32,000 – $35,464 (commensurate with certification and experience)
Pay Grade Level C116
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? Yes
Does this position require a background check? Yes
- If yes, please specify Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
- MVR (Motor Vehicle Registry) check
- Drug screening
- Departmental background/security clearance investigation
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Summary of Job Duties The Public Safety Officer is responsible for the enforcement of traffic and criminal laws and parking regulations. This position is governed by law enforcement standards, state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
- Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration. The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
- Must possess valid state motor vehicle operators license
- Must be certified by the Arkansas Law Enforcement Certification Training in accordance with ACA 12-9-106, or an approved law enforcement training academy
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? Yes
If yes, please specify Valid Arkansas Driver's License
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of traffic laws, rules and regulations, for security
- Knowledge of general law enforcement methods and techniques
- Ability to direct traffic and to maintain order
- Ability to prepare reports of incidents and accidents
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to operate motor vehicles used in patrol duties
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment. The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, etc).