Salary: $66535.00 – $84920.00 / Year.
Responsible for performing a variety of public safety and law enforcement services to protect the life and property of the City’s residents and visitors.
- Responds to calls, evaluates situations, investigates circumstances, acts appropriately and renders dispositions; performs searches as required and in accordance with established guidelines and policies.
- Gathers information in criminal investigations by interviewing and obtaining statements of victims, witnesses, suspects and confidential informants.
- Composes clear and accurate criminal accident and information reports, search warrant affidavit, and other necessary reports and forms.
- Patrols for in-progress crimes, to deter crime, and provide community education and awareness; provides information and assistance to public as required.
- Accompanies prisoners to County jail for booking.
- Prepares for and appears on-time and as scheduled for the purpose of testifying in court; presents self and acts in a professional manner.
- Enforces state and local laws, conducts investigations; provides crowd and traffic control coverage at special events.
- Ensures the effective cleaning and maintenance of facilities, patrol vehicles and equipment; reports need for maintenance to supervisor.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- At least 18 years of age;
- A United States citizen at the time of testing for the position;
- No felony convictions;
- Valid Michigan driver’s license prior to hire date;
- Attended a police academy; and
- Qualifies for MCOLES licensing by May 31st, 2024.