Police Officer Hiring Range $25.10 – $27.36
Perform a variety of duties related to the protection of life and property, enforcement of criminal and traffic laws, prevention of crime, preservation of the public peace, apprehension of criminals, and calls for service. Perform basic police services in accordance with the mission, goals and objectives of the Georgia Tech Police and in compliance with governing federal and state laws. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: supervisor and co-workers, GT employees, students and campus visitors. This position typically will advise and counsel: GT employees, students and campus visitors. This position will supervise: NA
- Engage in law enforcement patrol functions by foot, bike or vehicle including rotating shifts and physically checking doors and windows of buildings to ensure they are secure. Conduct visual and audio surveillance.
- Operate a law enforcement vehicle during both day and night; in emergency situations involving speeds in excess of posted limits, in congested traffic and in unsafe road conditions caused by factors such as fog, smoke, rain, ice and snow.
- Effect an arrest, forcibly if necessary, using handcuffs and other restraints; subdue resisting suspects using maneuvers and weapons and resort to the use of hands and feet and other approved weapons in self-defense.
- Exercise independent judgment in determining when there is reasonable suspicion to detain, when probable cause exists to search and arrest and when force may be used and to what degree.
- Prepare investigative and other reports, including sketches, using appropriate grammar, symbols and mathematical computations.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include directing traffic for long periods of time, administering emergency medical aid, lifting, dragging and removing people from dangerous situations and securing and evacuating people from particular areas.
- Mediate disputes and advising of rights and processes.
- Gather information in criminal investigations by interviewing and obtaining the statements of victims, witnesses, suspects and confidential informers. Detect and collect evidence and substances that provide the basis of criminal offenses and infractions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
High school diploma, GED Certificate or Vocational School Diploma
Other Required Qualifications
Overnight travel required for project delivery; flexibility in on-site daily service delivery hours (due to client shift schedules, project requirements).
No experience required.
Preferred Educational Qualifications
One to three years as a police officer within a police department, military experience with Honorable Discharge (DD214) or experience in a related field