In a state agency, college or university, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks in the protection, safety and security of individuals and property with full police powers and responsibility for law enforcement.
Salary $57,354 – $75,468/year (Individuals new to state service start at minimum of the pay plan)
• Provide crowd control at various CCSU events and activities
• Monitor designated areas to ensure physical security and authorized access in order to prevent theft, trespass, vandalism or violation of state statutes or regulations
• Give direction and routine information to the public
• Participate in evacuation activities in event of fire, bomb threats or other potential disasters
• Operate firefighting apparatus if needed
• Conduct cruiser or foot patrols
• Conduct bicycle patrols as weather permits
• Provide traffic and/or crowd control
• Assess nature of further assistance needed and makes timely and appropriate arrangements
• Gather background information and provide threat assessments regarding high risk locations safety of persons or property, biological or physical threats
• Respond to emergency situations and provide CPR or first aid to injured parties
• Assist State Police in investigation of major criminal acts
• Be required to maintain building security and perform patrol duties at time of heightened alert level under Homeland Security procedures
• Direct traffic and enforces motor vehicle and parking regulations
• Initiate and conduct criminal and other investigations of violations, suspicious activities or reports of incidents occurring within jurisdiction
• Conduct on site investigations, question witnesses, arrest individuals at scene and issue summons
• Record information
• Apply for and serve arrest warrants
• Process paperwork on arrests and activity reports
• Arrange surety and non-surety bond payments or Written Promise to Appear (WPA)
• Provide court testimony
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
Successful completion of prescribed training and probationary requirements set forth in the class of Protective Services Trainee.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a Higher Education environment.
- Experience utilizing computer software, including Microsoft Suite.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and proofreading skills.