Holmes Community College is currently looking for a full time Certified Police Officer.
The Certified Police Officer maintains order on the campus, enforces rules and regulations, is responsible for the security of buildings, enforces motor vehicle regulations, and enforces the general laws of the State of Mississippi.
The Certified Police Officer works under the supervision of the Chief of Police and Vice President.
Evening Shift Monday – Thursday 11:00 am-9:30 pm
1.Patrol the campus by foot or by vehicle and answer calls to protect personnel, property, and facilities independently or with another.
2.Protect students, faculty, staff, campus visitors, property and facilities from accidents, bodily harm, fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.
3.Maintain a professional law enforcement image at all times. Provide consistent law enforcement, dealing with each occurrence in the same professional manner and method.
4.Provide security and crowd control for large gatherings such as sporting events, dances, concerts, campus activities, etc.
5.Enforce laws, traffic regulations, escort people off campus (i.e. dismissed personnel, disruptive students); apprehend and arrest violators.
6.Gather, process, and maintain integrity of evidence and interview witnesses; appear in court and testify as arresting or investigating officer.
7.Officers are required to be flexible to work based on the law enforcement needs of the college.
8.Perform other related duties as required.
1. High school diploma or GED. Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Certified Police Officer having completed a Minimum Standards Approved Course.
3. Minimum of 5 years prior experience in law enforcement is preferred.
4. Overtime may be necessary for college functions and schedule.
5. Maturity and personality to enforce laws, rules, and regulations in a fair and professional manner.
6. A commitment to the community college concept.
7. Ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community and in emergency situations.
8. Excellent references from previous employers.