This is a highly responsible position that involves networking with the community and the protection of life and property. This is accomplished through patrol work, criminal investigation, community policing and enforcement of the laws of the State of Florida and the Ordinances of the City of Palm Bay. Starting Salary for State of Florida Certified Police Officer $39,143.
• Applicants complete an Employment Application and answer all questions on the application. Any admissions made which would violate Police Department Employment Standards will automatically cause the applicant to be disqualified.
• Applicants invited to test must pass the FrontLine Human Relations Video test, Reading Test, and Incident Observation and Report Writing Video Test to continue on in the process. Minimum acceptable score for the reading and writing portions of the test is 70%; video portion is 65%. You must meet the minimum score in each portion of the test to be moved forward in the process.
•Applicants who progress through the background investigation without adverse information will be interviewed.
• Applicants still in process at this phase will undergo a practical assessment, a comprehensive background investigation; polygraph examination; medical examination; drug test, and a psychological evaluation.
The city continually tests applicants. Candidates who successfully complete the FrontLine assessment process will be merged with prior successful candidates to create the eligibility lists. Applicants who have not received a conditional offer letter will be removed from the eligibility list after one year.
How to Prepare for the Written Test
Applicants take the Frontline Police Test. This is a three part exam lasting 2-hours. Learn how to prepare for the Frontline Police Test.
Requirements for the Position:
1. Applicants must possess a valid Florida Driver's License prior to employment and maintain a safe and acceptable driving record.
2. Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
• Hold a current State of Florida Law Enforcement Certification ~OR~
• Hold a current Out of State Law Enforcement Certification ~OR~
• Accepted into, currently attending or completed a State of Florida Police Academy or Equivalency of Training Program ~OR~
• In process of enrollment to a State of Florida Police Academy oe Equivalency of Training Program ~OR~
• Hold a Conditional Offer of Employment from the City of Palm Bay Police Department for an LEO position