Protects lives and property through the utilization of modern law enforcement techniques and procedures to better provide a safe and orderly educational environment.
Hiring Range: $17.00 – $21.00, Hourly (Contingent upon available funding):
- Crime Prevention/Safety Enhancement - Engaged in a proactive, rather than a reactive, mode of public safety responsibilities in an effort to prevent crimes or hazardous activities from being committed, and takes actions to reduce the risks of accidents on campus by monitoring potential problems.
- Public Service/Public Relations - Provides a public service by assisting faculty, staff, students, and visitors in their multitude of daily activities on the university campus.
- Maintains Educational Environment - Provides a regulatory function through the enforcement of university rules and regulations, in addition to state criminal and traffic laws.
- The OSU-Tulsa Campus Police Officer exists to serve and protect the community of OSU and is expected to patrol and respond to calls for services of law enforcement.
- OSU Tulsa Officers are required to work at both the OSU Tulsa and OSU Stillwater campuses as needed.
Before hire, the applicant will be required to have:
1. Legally met all state and federal employment requirements
2. Valid Oklahoma driver's license
3. Ability to pass a battery of mental and physical tests
4. Complete background investigation packet from the OSU Police/Public Safety Department
5. Successfully pass extensive background investigation
6. Successfully pass polygraph examination
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous police or military experience preferred
- Police Academy Graduate