Qualified applicants (those who possess an Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Tier 1 Certification) are eligible for a starting rate of $21.44/hour. Upon completion of the Field Training Program and 2 years of prior full-time law enforcement experience, the rate will increase to $25.19/hour.
Perform functions related to the preservation of public peace and order, the prevention and detection of crime, the apprehension of offenders, the protection of persons and property, the enforcement of laws of the State of Indiana and the ordinances of the City of Muncie, the enforcement of rules and regulations of Ball State University, and the safeguarding of individual and collective rights of the citizenry.
Successful completion of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Tier 1 basic training course prior to application.
Must have current eligible certification without attending additional ILEA training.
1. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under the university’s auto fleet policy.
2. Must be able to perform all mental and physical requirements as outlined in each job duty.
3. Must pass a written examination and polygraph test pre-offer.
4. Must pass a post offer/pre-employment psychological evaluation, medical, drug and alcohol test.
5. Must be at least age 21 at time of hire.
Authorization to work in the US
Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Law enforcement experience related to a campus/university environment.