This is a full-time position and receives all benefits afforded to regular employees.
Work schedule is 40 hours per week which may include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Enforces all applicable codes, ordinances, laws and regulations (including traffic, criminal and civil) in order to protect life and property, prevent crime, and promote security.
- Patrols designated areas Patrols designated areas.
- Responds to calls relayed by dispatchers.
- Prevents/discovers commission of crime; issues citations; pursues fleeing suspects; apprehends, arrests, and processes criminals, fugitives and offenders; conducts searches of suspects or arrestees.
- Conducts preliminary investigations of complaints or incidents; interviews victims, complainants and witnesses and records statements.
- Performs rescue functions at accidents, emergencies, and disasters. Enforces vehicle operating laws, parking laws, and DUI laws; conducts field sobriety tests; uses visual observation and radar/laser speed detection units to enforce speed laws.
A high school diploma or GED certificate is required supplemented by one of the following:
• Three years of accountable work history
• Two years of military experience (requires honorable discharge)
• Two years experience as a Police Officer in another jurisdiction
• Associates degree in Criminal Justice
• P.O.S.T. Pre Service Graduate Certification
• P.O.S.T. Certified law enforcement officer in the State of Georgia
In addition, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be 21 years of age.
• Be a U.S. Citizen.
• Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
• Must become Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified within twelve months of employment if not certified when hired.