Responsible for performing specialized police work in protecting life and property, preventing violations, enforcing laws and regulations on College property apprehending violators, and reporting infractions of rules and regulations of the College.
1. High School diploma.
2. Must be certified by the Maryland Police & Correctional Training Commissions (MPCTC) or eligible for certification within 12 months from the hire date by receiving approval from MPCTC to complete the mandated 240 hours for compared compliance. To qualify for certification under compared compliance, you must have completed a recognized law enforcement training academy consisting of 1104 hours of classroom instruction or have been a former certified police officer who has been absent from law enforcement for no more than three but less than five years. We are a dual certified agency.
3. You must be eligible to receive with in 12 months from the hire date the Special Police Commission and Maryland State Police (MSP) Handgun Permit through Maryland State Police after the background investigation.
4. Applicants will be required to complete a comprehensive background screen such as: interview, background investigation, polygraph, psychological screening, medical, drug, and MSP background.
1. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age at time of appointment.
2. Must be high school graduate or GED equivalent.
3. Must be a U.S. citizen.
4. Must satisfactorily pass a psychological evaluation.
5. Must satisfactorily pass a medical exam and drug screen.
6. Must qualify for Maryland State Special Police Commission and Handgun permit.
7. Must be able to work required overtime for college sponsored events, college registration, both on campus and at extension centers.
8. Must also be able to work beyond assigned shift hours and/or on weekends and/or other shift hours.
9. Hours for this position will be determined.
10. Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
11. As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.