The incumbent in this position performs law enforcement and protective service work for the Seminole Tribe of Florida’s Police Department requiring sworn status to maintain public peace, protect life and property, enforce laws, Tribal Ordinances and conduct limited investigations according to established department procedures under varying degree of supervision. The work involves risk, hazardous exposure, and personal danger. The Officer must be able to take appropriate action under stress and maintain effective public contacts exercising tact and discretion. Work is performed under general supervision and is reviewed through conferences, reports, and observation.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement or Public Administration, or related field is preferred.
- Individual must be at least 19 years old.
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement Certification or successful completion of all courses of the Basic Law Enforcement Academy with successful completion of the State of Florida Examination is required.
- A valid Florida Driver’s License is required.
- Must demonstrate good character and never have been convicted as an adult of any felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude is required.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate proficiency utilizing Microsoft software packages.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.