Hiring Range: $47,213-$52,000
The Nags Head Police Department pursues qualified applicants who are interested in being police officers in Nags Head. If an applicant is qualified, the department will consider both applicants who have no experience and those who are currently police officers both in, and out, of North Carolina. Only applicants who have a North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) Certification, or the Out-of-State equivalent, will be considered.
The Town of Nags Head seeks highly qualified professional and motivated police officer candidates to work in our resort community. The Nags Head Police Department is a modern, well-equipped, full-service law enforcement agency.
- Crime Prevention / Detection / Investigation
- Enforcement of Laws and Ordinances
- Enforcing Traffic Laws and Investigating Accidents
- Protection of Life and Property
- High school graduate or GED with a degree in criminal justice preferred
- NC Basic Law Enforcement Certification required or Law Enforcement Certification from a reciprocal state
- North Carolina Drivers License required