Salary: $73,091.20 – $97,427.20 Annually.
Transit police officers ride buses and trains as well as patrol along bus routes, METRO Blue Line (Hiawatha), METRO Green Line (Central Corridor), and the Northstar Line. Transit Police Officers also inspect fares on the Blue Line, Green Line and Northstar trains.
- Protects employees and passengers, safeguards property and equipment of Metro Transit across all municipalities and counties served by Metro Transit.
- Patrols assigned areas in a squad car, on foot or onboard public transit and performs visual inspections.
- Represents the Department in a positive, professional manner.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships.
- Meets the standards of dress in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Understands and complies with policy and procedure to include Department memorandums, directives and notices.
- Recognizes, responds, investigates and enforces violations of laws and ordinances.
- Performs proactive activities and responds promptly to calls for service.
- Maintains radio protocol in normal and stressful situations.
- Must be able to provide credible testimony in a court of law.
- Demonstrates knowledge of geographic locations in assigned areas.
- Adheres to proper arrest procedures.
- Operates vehicles in an efficient and safe manner.
- Maintains equipment to ensure it is in good working order and immediately reports equipment failures and takes proper steps to alleviate the problem.
- Obtains pertinent information from suspects, witnesses or victims by applying appropriate interviewing techniques.
- Submits concise and accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Utilizes and understands commonly used forms, computer programs and applications.
- Follows evidentiary procedures as required by identifying evidence and handling it appropriately to maintain evidence integrity.
- Communicates feedback and pertinent information to supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Law Enforcement from an accredited College or University.
- Must currently be MN Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) licensed or eligible to be POST licensed as a full-time peace officer in the State of Minnesota by the date of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law Enforcement from an accredited College or University.
- Previous work experience in a public law enforcement agency, sworn police officer or military police.
- Conversational in a second language other than English.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.