Salary: $51,896.00 – $77,521.60 Annually.
Closing Date: 3/31/2024.
City of Beloit Police Officers are responsible for ensuring the constitutional rights of all residents. Officers enforce the laws of the State of Wisconsin and the ordinances of the City of Beloit. Primarily officers focus on the prevention of criminal activity and disorder in Beloit neighborhoods while providing day-to-day police service and engagement with the community.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must have the ability to speak and write the English language.
- 40 Credits at time of application; 60 credits prior to completion of 5th year of employment as a law enforcement officer from a school that is accredited with the North Central Association of Colleges & Schools or equivalent accrediting body.
- Applicants cannot be convicted of any felony or crime of domestic violence unless granted an absolute and unconditional pardon.
- Bilingual speaking candidates highly desired.
- Must be a certified law enforcement officer with a minimum of 1 year of experience as a law enforcement officer.
- Must be a certified law enforcement officer with the State of Wisconsin or must pass the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Reciprocity Examination within 1 year of hire.