Salary Growth Range (hourly): $34.30 to $43.81
- High School diploma required; GED acceptable if augmented with 60 college credit hours. College degree preferred.
- If a Texas resident, a valid Class C Texas Driver’s License is required. If an out-of-state resident moving to Texas, the applicant must obtain a valid Class C Texas Driver’s License within 90 days of hire.
- Texas Basic Certificate of Law Enforcement Officer Training required (may be waived temporarily by the Chief of Police).
- Must be U.S. citizen to be sworn Texas officer.
- Two years’ work experience required.
Lateral Entry Officers:
For officers interested in the lateral entry program, the following additional requirements apply:
- At most recent agency, minimum of two years continuous law enforcement experience as a peace officer relevant to municipal policing
- Break in service of no more than 12 months prior to the date of application
- The Chief of Police will review training and experience on a case-by-case basis to determine eligibility for the Lateral Entry Program