$20k Hiring Bonus
Starting salary $60,199
Also Offering $6k Rental Assistance
Whether you are a veteran officer or a new recruit, making a difference every day in the community is reason to wear the uniform. At MPD, you will partner with and learn from some of the finest officers in the nation, while having a direct impact on the nation’s capital.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications and be able to provide the following documentation:
- Be a US citizen, by birth or naturalization, at the time of application.
- Must be 21 years old when appointed to officer.
- Possess a valid driver’s license at the time of application.
- Successful completion of a comprehensive background investigation.
- Successful completion of a polygraph exam.
- Successful completion of a medical and psychological evaluation.
- Be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, or be approved by MPD for a religious or medical exemption.
- Possess at least 20/100 vision, correctable to 20/30 in both eyes.
- Contacts are permitted if they have been worn for six (6) months prior to examination, or if vision correction surgery (i.e., Lasik) has occurred at least six (6) weeks prior to examination.
- Must have one of the following:
- Successfully completed at least 60 semester hours of college credit with coursework in any subject from an accredited college or university; OR
- Served in the US military, including the Organized Reserves or National Guard, for at least two years on active duty and, if separated, have received an honorable discharge; OR
- Served at least three years in a full-duty status with a full-service police department in a US state or municipality and have resigned or retired in good standing.