This position is that of a MN P.O.S.T. Board Licensed Police Officer. The Police Officer works under the daily and direct supervision of a designated police supervisor or O.I.C. in an assigned patrol district during a specified period of time. The Police Officer is responsible for protection of life and property, neighborhood problem solving, maintenance of order, prevention of crime, enforcement of laws, apprehension of criminals and providing general public service. The position also assists in the investigation of criminal offenses, accidents or other police related problems.
$5,447.80 – $6,809.75 Monthly
1/24/2021 11:59 PM Central
- Traffic Law Enforcement
- Investigates Criminal Offenses
- May be Assigned as an Investigator
- Responds To Emergency Situations
- Handles Arrest Situations and Procedures Involving Use of Force
• Eligible for licensure under the MN P.O.S.T. selection standards by time of appointment.
• Possess a valid Driver's License.
• Pass a job related physical examination.
• Pass a physical agility test.
• Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.•
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Four year degree in criminal justice/law enforcement or related field.
• First Responder certified.
• Knowledge of local, state, and Federal Laws.
• Knowledge of local geography.
• Experience or knowledge of criminal justice system and approved principles, practices and procedures of police work.
• Formal training in traffic and pedestrian control.
• Experience/training in leadership.
• Experience/training in communicating, teaching, demonstrating or directing others.
• Work experience with the use of Windows based applications.
• Bilingual; able to fluently speak another language(s).
• Experience working extensively with people from various ethnic communities, occupations and levels of authority.