Salary: $50,000 ‒ $68,613 Annually.
The Jonesboro Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Police officers are employed for the purpose of maintaining order, preventing and detecting crime, protecting the rights, lives and property of citizens, and enforcing the laws.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 21 years of age within six months of the test date.
- No felony convictions.
- No convictions barring the possession of a firearm.
- Must not have used or sold marijuana within one year preceding the application submittal.
- Must not have used or sold a drug, narcotic, or controlled substance other than marijuana, within the five years preceding the application submittal, except under the care of a physician.
- Possess high school diploma or GED.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Be of good character as established by a detailed background investigation.
- Have acceptable vision (uncorrected visual acuity must not exceed 20/100 in either eye, correctable to 20/20 or better in each eye).
- Possess normal hearing and be free of any hearing defect which, in the opinion of the physician administering the required post-offer physical examination, could adversely affect performance of duty.
- Be interviewed personally prior to employment by the department head or their representative(s).
- Be free of a misdemeanor domestic violence conviction, in accordance with 18 USC section 922.
- Successfully complete a physical agility test and post-offer psychological and physical examination, including a post-offer of employment drug test.