Salary range: $34.30-$45.73 per hour.
Open Until Filled
To perform assigned protection, prevention, enforcement, call response, pursuit, investigation, arrest, reporting, testifying in court and related community policing responsibilities in preserving the peace and promoting the safety of citizens throughout the City of St. Anthony.
Work involves some element of personal danger and the authority to use deadly force as necessary
- Reads, learns and applies the laws, ordinances, policies, rules and other materials required to perform all assigned accountabilities of the position.
- Displays the ability to maintain order through the enforcement of State laws, City ordinances, and protecting life and property.
- Assists in the investigating and/or preventing of criminal offenses, accidents and other problem areas
- Apprehends and controls offenders.
- Responds to medical emergencies and applies appropriate first aid and/or CPR.
- Prepares police reports that include facts, analysis, and recommendations for action.
- Testifies in a court of law when summoned.
- Displays a consistent compliance with general orders and any other policies, protocols and procedures that are to be followed in performing assigned duties.
- Displays sound, consistent judgment and problem-solving skills are exercised when dealing with widely differing and diverse circumstances, conditions and individuals or groups.
- Assigned duties and responsibilities are handled in a manner that creates good will and positive community relations for the department and City.
- Performs other job related responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
- Associate’s degree in law enforcement or related field.
- Must be P.O.S.T. licensed.
- Must possesses a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Must have successfully pass a background investigation and complete a one year probationary period.
- Must hold a First Responder certificate.
- Or such alternatives to the above qualifications as the City may find appropriate and acceptable.