Are you interested in a career in law enforcement? The Mt. Olive Police Department is looking for good individuals to join our force as full-time police officers. Below are our hiring standards:
Any person employed as a police officer must meet the following standards:
- Be of good moral character, of temperate habits, of sound health, and physically and mentally able to perform assigned duties.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Possess a valid State of Illinois driver’s license.
- Possess no prior felony convictions.
- Any individual who has served in the U.S. military must have been honorably discharged.
- Previous law enforcement experience is helpful. Applicant must have completed at least the Part-Time Law Enforcement Academy.
- Applicants will be required to complete the written application process, have an oral interview, and pass a background check.
This position is full time and will require night, day, and holiday shifts.
Benefits include paid vacation after a year, $400 uniform allowance, 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days a year, health/vision and dental insurance paid for the officer, and a $50,000 life insurance policy. The City also matches up to an 8% contribution to a savings plan.
Interested applicants can pick up an application at the police department located at 215 E. Main Street, Monday-Friday 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Or send an email to have one sent to you.
City of Mount Olive, Illinois
Joe D. Berry, CFI
Chief of Police
215 E Main Street
Mount Olive, Illinois 62069
Department (217) 999-6041 Fax: (217) 999-4429