Join our FAMILY! The City of Beatrice is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Salary wage range is $21.12-$28.74, plus benefits. A Personal History Statement must be submitted by all interested candidates. Instructions are provided as a guide to assist you in properly completing your Personal History Statement. It is essential that the information be accurate in all respects. It will be used as the basis for a background investigation that will determine your eligibility for employment.
Provide law enforcement and public safety services within the community, including enforcement of criminal statues and ordinances, traffic enforcement, crime prevention, patrol activity, accident investigation, resolution of domestic and other disturbances, prosecution support, and non-criminal public safety services. Work may be performed in a car, on a bike, on foot, or at headquarters. Employees often work without direct supervision and exercise independent judgment in performing duties within predetermined policies, procedures, and laws.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be 21 years of age and a U.S. citizen.
- No felony convictions or serious misdemeanor.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain an insurable driving record.
- Must meet all of the entrance requirements for Nebraska law enforcement training center.
- Possession and maintenance of a Nebraska State certification as a law enforcement officer as prescribed by Nebraska State Statues through graduation of Nebraska law enforcement training center, within one (1) year of employment.
- College-level course work in Criminal Justice, Law, Public or Business Administration, Social Studies, or related field preferred. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.