DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMITTAL
Friday, June 10th, 2022, Noon, 12:00 PM,
Starting Pay is $41,164
Tasks are primarily service oriented and include dispensing information, arbitrating disputes, providing assistance through referrals, property protection, crime prevention, investigative and other public safety services. Duties include an element of personal danger, exposure to adverse conditions, apprehending criminals, making forcible arrests, directing traffic and transporting prisoners. Officers perform duties in accordance with Arkansas State Statutes, Federal Law, Local Ordinances and established City and Departmental policies, procedures and guidelines. The Officer must be able to act without close supervision and must be able to exercise good, independent judgment. Work is reviewed through observation, conferences and review of written reports for results obtained and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Be at least twenty and one-half (20 ½) years of age on the date of the written test. Candidates must be at
least twenty-one (21) years of age to be hired.
- Have graduated from a standard high school or possess a high school equivalency certificate General
Education Diploma (G.E.D.).
- Have no felony convictions.
- Be of good moral character.
- Have acceptable vision (uncorrected visual acuity must not exceed 20/100 in either eye, correctable to
20/20 or better in each eye).
- Possess normal hearing and be free of any hearing defect, which in the opinion of the physician would
adversely affect performance of duty.
- Be a citizen of the United States at the time of hire.
- Have a valid state Driver’s License.