$56,508.00 – $82,267.00 Annually
5/31/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
- Under general supervision, the Patrol Officer performs general police duty work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Preserves the peace, protects life and property; enforces laws and ordinances of the City as well as applicable state and federal laws; responds to and takes action on complaints; responds to accidents, catastrophes and fire calls; watches for stolen cars and wanted or missing persons; answers criminal complaints and takes corrective action as required; conducts preliminary investigations; gathers and controls evidence; obtains witnesses; maintains records of investigations and performs follow-up investigations; writes reports.
- Patrols the Municipality; checks doors and windows and examines premises of unoccupied buildings or residences to detect suspicious conditions; investigates suspicious conditions and complaints of suspicious activity.
- Reports to fire and accident scenes in assigned areas as directed, giving all possible assistance, including first aid
- Performs control, prevention, and detection of crime; maintains order in crowds, parades, funerals or other public gatherings; disperses unlawful assemblies.
- Directs traffic and enforces traffic regulations; uses radar to enforce speeding violations; administers intoxilyzer tests.
- Arrests persons who violate laws and ordinances; accompanies prisoners to headquarters, jail or court; appears in court as arresting officer or assisting officer.
Completion of secondary education or equivalent (high school diploma or GED); completion of Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.