Salary: $79,290.00 – $105,059.00 Annually.
Closing Date: 11/30/2024.
- The Police Officer performs all duties assigned in connection with the operation of the police department (Department).
- The police officer assists in carrying out the mission of the Department by being responsible for the protection of life and property, the maintenance and restoration of public order, the prevention of crimes, the apprehension of criminals, and the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Duties are performed in accordance with all applicable statutes, rules and regulations and normally consist of patrol, complaint investigation, traffic regulation and personal contacts and service to the public.
- Officers must be able to act without direct supervision and are responsible for exercising independent judgement in meeting emergency situations.
- The Police Officer reports to and receives direction from a superior officer.
- Citizen of the United States of America.
- Possess a driver’s license valid in the State of Minnesota.
- P.O.S.T. licensed in Minnesota, eligible to be licensed in Minnesota, or scheduled to complete a P.O.S.T. approved Skills course by June 30, 2024, and obtain P.O.S.T. eligibility by July 31, 2024 (current South St. Paul City Employees, or current South St. Paul Police Reserves with at least one year experience are eligible to take the examination if able to demonstrate they are scheduled for POST eligibility during the life of the eligible register).
- No criminal convictions within the last 5 years.
- Has not been dismissed from employment in the public service or in a commercial business or other organization for delinquency or misconduct.