Salary: $42,637.06 yearly.
Open until filled
This position supports and enables the education of students with the Muscogee County School District by enforcement of state law, preservation of order, protection of life and property and detection or investigation of criminal offenses within the school district. Officers will work directly with school administrators, staff and parents on a daily basis. The diversity of the student population, staff and community, the varied nature of tasks, incidents and rotating work schedules contributes to the complexity of the work. The incumbent is required to work with individuals and groups under normal and potentially adverse conditions for the purpose of providing services, receiving and providing work instructions and information, resolving problems, interviewing and interrogating individuals as necessary. Must be willing to work rotating shifts, variable hours and be on call as necessary.
- Provide a high level of visibility on assigned school campus for the purpose of safeguarding district property and maintaining safety and order for students, staff and other school stakeholders.
- Enforcement of State laws on school property.
- Investigate criminal incidents and write reports for the purpose of gathering and documenting evidence to support legal or justified action.
- Investigate traffic accidents that occur on school property and prepare the proper reports for documentation.
- Monitor and report incidents of criminal gang activity as defined by O.C.G.A. 16-15-3 on or near school property for the purpose of assuring the safety of district property, personnel and students.
- Take appropriate law enforcement action when deemed necessary for the purpose of ensuring the safety of district property, personnel and students.
- Perform duties conforming to MCSDPD policy and general orders.
- Makes routine patrols of assigned facilities to include buildings parking lots, equipment checks for security, vandalism, or causality losses and prepares reports as required.
- Attend departmental meetings, job related training and other in-service training.
- Attend Court and/or other administrative hearings to provide testimony in the proceedings when required.
- Performs specialized duties and assignments as required or designated by the Chief of Police.
- Operate board owned vehicles in a safe manner and assume responsibility for all supplies and equipment on said vehicle.
- Make presentations to schools, classes, clubs and other organizations on safety, law enforcement and other topics related to the Muscogee County School District Police Department as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Must be a certified Peace Officer in the State of Georgia pursuant to the qualifications established under Chapter 8, Title 35 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated and the rules of the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (GAPOST).
- Minimum of three (3) years of law enforcement experience, previous experience as a school resource officer preferred;
- Must be capable of qualifying with a firearm on the existing firearms qualification course(s).
- Associates degree.