Salary: $55,760.00 – $64,640.74
Protects the life, property, general safety, and welfare of the general public within appropriate jurisdiction by enforcing, City, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Patrol City streets to deter crime and assist citizens as needed; note suspicious persons, activities, or establishments; take action or report the situation.
- Investigate criminal or suspicious activities; secure crime scenes; gather evidence; interview/interrogate witness/suspects; make arrests.
- Prepare cases for court; appear in court to present evidence and serve as a witness.
- Investigate and assist at accident scenes: administer first aid as required; call for necessary assistance; investigate the cause and results of accidents; recommend corrective action(s) to help avoid similar future accidents.
- Identify and correct or report public safety hazards.
- Control traffic flow for compliance with local and state regulations: direct and re-route traffic at fires and other disturbances; issue tickets for parking and traffic violations; authorize the tow and impoundment of vehicles as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree in Criminal Justice preferred.
- Completion of approved Basic Peace Officers Certification Academy.
- Certified Peace Officers Certificate from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCOLE).
- Valid Class C Texas drivers license.