$71,593.60 – $91,374.40 Annually
The Louisville Police Department is hiring for several Police Officer positions. Candidates must be Colorado POST certified at time of appointment. Applicants who are currently enrolled in a Colorado POST certified police academy are eligible to apply. (No expired Colorado certifications or current out-of-state certifications).
Examples of Duties
- Responds to priority calls regarding public disturbances, criminal, civil, or emergency situations. Directs activities on site unless relieved by a supervisor. May provide emergency medical assistance, traffic control, and otherwise ensure attention is given to general public safety.
- Detects and prevents criminal activities by surveillance of assigned business and residential areas. Notes possible criminal occurrences and takes steps to prevent criminal actions. Promotes crime prevention by initiating contact with businesses and residents including explaining applicable laws, soliciting cooperation in crime reporting, and otherwise creating a good rapport with citizens.
- Investigates crime scenes and traffic crashes, assists other officers. Identifies, collects, and preserves evidence, and interviews witnesses, and suspects.
- Enforces traffic laws and vehicle codes and promotes pedestrian safety.
- Prepares a variety of handwritten, typed and/or keyboarded reports related to crimes, accidents, and other duties. Maintains logs, completes forms and prepares reports as requested.
- Provides a variety of related police services including transporting prisoners, providing assistance to motorists, resolving domestic disturbances, public speaking before civic and non-civic groups, and testifies in court.
- Makes forcible and non-forcible arrests.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current Colorado P.O.S.T. certification
- Require Associates Degree or 60 college credit hours in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Sociology, Psychology, Business Administration, Management, Public Administration or related field from a college or university with accreditation recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- OR if no Associates Degree, a minimum of 2 years of active duty military experience with an honorable discharge.
- Prefer an accredited BA/BS degree in the aforementioned areas of study.
- A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
SPECIAL LICENSE, REGISTRATION, OR CERTIFICATE REQUIRED:
- Certified as a Peace Officer by the State of Colorado Peace Officers’ Standards and Training Board by time of hire.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License with acceptable driving record, or ability to obtain a Colorado Driver license upon becoming a Colorado resident.
- Successful completion of comprehensive personal background investigation to include employment verification, reference check, criminal background check, civil court records review, truth detection examination, physical ability test, medical physical, drug screen, polygraph and psychological examination.