This position performs a wide range of police assignments to help ensure the safety of Savannah State University’s students, faculty, staff and visitors and to protect University property. Performs active patrol; monitors all activities taking place on campus. Takes appropriate investigative actions to deter criminal activity. Serves and maintains various constituencies of Savannah State University; patrols aggressively and provides emergency assistance. May be directed to perform job related tasks other than those specifically delineated in this description.
- Ensure a safe environment for the entire Savannah State community.
- Perform active patrol.
- Monitor activity; investigate suspicious activity.
- Assist with investigations as needed.
- Provide emergency assistance.
- Write accurate and concise incident and accident reports.
- Testify in a court of law as required.
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with constituency.
- This position requires four years of high school or GED equivalent. and successfully meet Georgia Peace Officer certification.
- Applicant must have excellent customer service skills and high professional standards, including the ability to maintain confidentially of highly sensitive information.
- Must have a valid drivers license in good standing.