This position is responsible for the enforcement of criminal laws, traffic laws, and the policies of the University System of Georgia and East Georgia State College and for ensuring the safety and security of the campus community, facilities, and equipment. This position is located on the Swainsboro campus.
- Patrols the campus to detect and deter crime and prevent damage to property.
- Checks the security and safety of campus buildings; locks and unlocks buildings.
- Reports safety and security hazards to supervisors.
- Enforces campus safety and security policies.
- Responds to calls for service, including reports of suspicious persons or conditions, crime reports, and medical, fire or disaster emergencies.
- Enforces campus parking and traffic regulations.
- Investigates traffic accidents and criminal or non-criminal incidents.
- Recovers and secures stolen or lost property and evidence.
- Provides service and assistance to students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Responds to accidents, injuries and medical emergencies and provides First Aid, CPR /AED as appropriate; responsible for calling an ambulance when needed and completing EGSC Accident/Injury Form.
- Transports injured employees and students in emergency situations when an ambulance is delayed or unavailable.
- Responsible for transporting injured employees and students in non-emergency situations, when an ambulance is delayed or unavailable, or securing an available college employee to transport.
- Completes required reports in a timely manner.
- Testifies in court.
- Performs related duties.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Must be POST Certified and in good standing.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship, or having had a similar position.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Peace Officer Standards and Training Council for the State of Georgia.
- CPR/ AED/First Aid certified or obtain within thirty days of hire.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.